Providing High Performance OEM
Servo Products and Expert Support
Founded in 1985, Teknic manufactures servo motion control components. Our products include integrated servo systems, brushless servo motors, servo drives, motion controllers, and power supplies. Teknic designs and builds products in the USA (Victor, New York) and provides factory-direct support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
Why do OEM Automation
Companies Choose Teknic?
Direct Technical Support
Teknic assigns a non-commissioned, Teknic-employed engineer to each OEM customer to help ensure their success. Some of the OEM consulting services we provide at no charge include:
- Simulations to optimize and size components for all motion axes
- Sensitivity analyses (e.g., how performance varies with changes in load)
- Value engineering for mechanics
- Recommendations for the best-in-class, third-party components
- Direct technical support throughout the life of your machine
- and much more...
OEM companies are always looking for ways to differentiate their machines in highly competitive markets. Machine automation is often one of the areas with the most potential to excel. Better performance and reliability are two of the most tangible advantages and Teknic has numerous proprietary features that directly address these goals. For example, the g-Stop™ anti-resonance motion algorithm reduces machine vibration and ringing while simultaneously allowing faster motion…
Quality and Reliability
Teknic designs and builds products in upstate New York using single-piece flow manufacturing techniques and comprehensive, automated, quality control. For example, every servo motor undergoes more than 80 in-process quality checks, and gets a 100% full functional test and stress test upon completed assembly. Teknic's focus on quality gives us the confidence to offer a 3+year warranty on all of our servo motors, controls, drives, and power supplies…
In addition to reliable products and competitive pricing, Teknic offers a unique level of support that can't be matched by companies selling through distributors. Some other advantages of Teknic's business model include:
- Stable lead times - Teknic has maintained a 4-week lead time for the last 26 years; we manage our capacity and supply chain so you won't have to worry about availability every time you place an order.
- Consistent pricing with significant volume discounts - Teknic has not increased the cost of any major product line, despite inflation, higher commodity prices, and tariffs. Click "Learn More" to read about price stability for specific products.
- Long-term product availability - As one example, Teknic is still manufacturing the original SSt-1500 servo drive we introduced in 1994. We had to redesign the drive many times over the years due to component obsolescence, but the drive still drops right into its original OEM applications.